Our machine shop facility in located in Auburn Street in Auckland central. It is an expansive clean machine shop with a great range of machinery and tooling to carry out only perfect results for our customers. Our machine operators are highly skilled and utilize their years of experience to provide a high standard of service that Taylor Automotive is renowned for.
Drive in, drive out
We also aim to make your engine rebuild a convenient experience with our drive-in, drive-out service.
Simply drop off your vehicle and we'll remove the engine, recondition it and replace it ready for you to drive away again. We'll even keep your vehicle in a secure lock up.
Remember, we always strip and report before undertaking a full recondition – assuring you a reliable price estimate.
- Cylinder Block Boring & Honing
- Line Honing
- Block Decking & Machining
- New Cylinder Sleeve Work
- Crankshaft Grinding
- Conrod Resizing
- Conrod Resizing
- Line Boring (Cylinder Head Cam Tunnel)
- All Valve, Seat & Guide Work
- Crack & Hardness Testing
- Engine Balancing
- Welding Services
Classic Car Engine Reconditioning
A major part of any classic car restoration is the engine - it just doesn't feel quite finished if your pride and joy isn't purring along the way it should.
The team at Taylor Automotive are engine rebuilding experts and have a special interest in classic cars. Whether your interest in classic cars is to participate at concours or special rally events, or simply for the joy of ownership, Taylor Automotive can provide:
- Engine repair and rebuilding
- Advice on parts sourcing
- Engineering facilities for machining or modifying parts
- Modernising engines to improve, economy and performance
European cars seem to have that indefinable quality or character that stems from a combination of performance, style and pedigree.
To maintain that appeal, have your car seen by people who know European cars.
Taylor Automotive have a long history with European car engines, providing reconditioning services to those who love their cars and specialist work for the
major European marquees such as Range Rover, Jaguar, Audi, BMW, Volkswagen, Porsche & Mercedes.
Our workshop capabilities include:
- Complete engine reconditioning
- Full cylinder head machining and reconditioning
- Aluminium and cast welding
- On-site broken bolt, stud removal and thread repairs
- Crankshaft snout & keyway repairs in chassis
- Full drive in/drive out engine fitting service
- Full vehicle servicing & mechanical repairs
Performance and Race Engine Reconditioning
In addition to working with standard engines, Taylor Automotive has been involved in motorsport engine rebuilds for many years.
Our full engineering workshop means we have complete control over every rebuild and do all our own machining and assembling, including crankshaft grinding, reboring and honing, and full cylinder head service. Our approach to performance engine rebuilds is to achieve a custom specification so we machine to tolerances appropriate to your engine.
Typical work we have undertaken include:
- All bearing fitting and sizing of cavities
- Customised resizing and line honing of main tunnels
- Checking clearances of cam shaft and lifter bores
- Plug and frost plug modification
- Torque plate rebore and decking of blocks
Taylor Automotive provides engine reconditioning services to many leading marine specialists. Our experience and expertise enables us to work on a range of marine engines, from small jet ski and outboard motors to large MAN commercial engines.
Our workshop enables us to undertake all machining projects associated with short or long block reconditions. Our engineering workshop capabilities include:
- Engine & component clean, inspect & report
- Heads & manifolds
- Cylinder head and rebores
- Crankshaft grinding & repairs
General Reconditioning Services
Taylor Automotive has been reconditioning petrol and diesel engines since 1979. In addition to unique and specialty vehicles, our expertise covers most makes and models of:
- Japanese and Korean cars
- Light commercial vehicles
- Heavy diesel machinery